Friday, 7 August 2015

The A to Z of becoming a Real-life Adult





A 
Advice.  Now that you’ve become an adult you have started to become the person who gives advice, rather than the one who always needs it. Life Experience or what?!

B
Bills are now a real thing. A very real thing. That come to suck the fun out of your wages. Unfortunately they need to be paid or else no electricity/phone/car for you. :(

C
Children. I’m not even joking. I’m 22 years old and people already hint at the fact that this is the prime age for babies. Please leave me alone you crazy people.

D
Disbelief. Disbelief at how teenagers these days were born in the 2000’s. When did this happen? Also, the realisation that you’re technically an adult and not a teenager anymore.

E
Eating habits. My eating habits certainly changed in the last couple of years. There’s less curry flavoured koka noodles for lunch and more tuna salads if you get my drift.

F
Forgetting. Sometimes I forget what I had for lunch the day before. THE DAY BEFORE. Enough said.

G 
Glamping at a festival becomes a VERY real option and has been given serious consideration.

H
Hangovers.  I don’t want to dwell too much on this topic. But those pesky Sunday mornings after the rare crazy night out are really not fun.

I
ID. I’ve gotten to the point that when I’m heading out for drinks nowadays I wonder to myself whether I really need to bring it with me.

J
One word. Juicers. We all want one. Let me juice and blend everything.

K
You watch KUWTK a lot less these days with the lack of spare time you have what with your full-time real-life adult job.

L
2 words. Life Insurance. Apparently it’s a must-have.

M
Midi skirts have become your go to. No more of those thigh skimming numbers for you. You’re an adult now!

N
Numbers. You know so many different numbers off by heart. PPS number. Various different PIN numbers. Your brain is basically a number storage unit.

O
Outdoor activities have become exciting and something you want to organise throughout the year with a good group of friends.

P
Planning. You now need to plan your weekends for fear of forgetting something.

Q
Quality over quantity. This applies with almost everything. Food. Clothes. Jewellery. Furniture etcetera etcetera.

R
Receipts. You keep them for ages now. No WAY am I going to keep that €12 top if it doesn’t fit right. That’s going back.

S
Staying in becomes a lot more appealing than heading out. Hello pyjamas. Hello Netflix. Did somebody mention wine?

T
Tax. Worst. Thing. EVER! Hello wages…hello deductions! :(

U
Underwear. Cheap Penneys underwear no longer does the trick. A girl needs some support in her life.

V
Vegetables actually become appealing.

W
Water. We try and drink it a lot more than diet coke these days. Apparently it’s good for you.

X
eX’s barely even cross your mind anymore. Everyone has grown up and moved on!

Y
Yoyo diets have become a thing of the past. A healthier lifestyle has snuck up on you.


Z
Having zero money at the end of the month is occurring less and less these days. Adulthood is upon you.


Share with me any other ways that you find fully-fledged adult-hood has crept up on you! 

Clare

XO

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Clare! I laughed at every single one all so true! X

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs